NMAAM: Hip-hop scholars
August 2020 marked hip hop’s 47th anniversary. With the Museum dedicating an entire gallery to the story of hip hop called “The Message,” they saw August as an opportunity to further their acknowledgement of its impact while creating inroads to engage lovers of this genre.
Authentique developed the concept and program “Hip Hop Scholars” as a year round celebration of the currently most consumed music in the world. Hip Hop Scholars is dedicated to the power of storytelling and the future of the genre and was launched as a digital destination and extension of the Museum’s The Message gallery.
Social Media Strategy & Community Management
- Create a compelling and interactive campaign with multiple extensions.
- Demonstrate NMAAM’s commitment to celebrating hip hop as a benchmark genre of black music
- Develop organic opportunities to engage consumers who connect to hip hop music as a passion point
- Leverage the halo of key influencers to build awareness of the Museum
Results & Solutions
- Created a new sub-brand identity for Hip Hop Scholars
- Launched The Catalogue, an interactive digital photo exhibition featuring over 40 images from legendary Hip Hop photographers
- Developed a three (3) part interview series with hip hop photographers, Jonathan Mannion and Mel D. Cole, hosted by The Root editor and Very Smart Brothas co-founder Panama Jackson
- Designed a new Instagram Story quiz – “Who Are You?: Hip Hop Entourage”
SEE MORE WORK
SEE WHAT ELSE WE ARE CAPABLE OF
From large brands to small and midsize businesses, Authentique has quickly developed a reputation for delivering superior results.