The Dallas Mavericks has a long history of honoring the diversity of their organization and home city. In 1989, The Dallas Mavericks had their first African American Heritage Night celebration, becoming one of the first NBA teams to do so. AAHN became an annual experience, welcoming all to acknowledge the impact African Americans have had on the organization and celebrate their African American fans.
In 2019, their recently appointed President and CEO Cynthia Marshall was focused on improving the culture of the organization and sought to increase awareness of their commitment to inclusivity. The Mavericks tapped Authentique to deliver an activation strategy that enhanced the 20th anniversary of the AAHN experience, and create messaging that would boost perception of the Dallas Mavericks brand.
- Increase awareness of The Dallas Mavericks AAHN celebration,
- Identify engagement touchpoints that provide opportunities for consumer generated content
- Create a concept that speaks to African Americans and culture, while capturing the energy of The Dallas Mavericks
Solutions & Results
- Developed a concept that speaks to African Americans and culture, while capturing the energy of The Dallas Mavericks
- Designed target relevant merchandise creative that encouraged attendees to display their pride
- Crafted messaging that showcased the organization’s greater commitment to embracing diverse cultures and celebrating the legacy of African Americans in Sports
Coordinated a memorable experience for The Dallas Mavericks stakeholders and their surrounding communities
SEE MORE WORK
SEE WHAT ELSE WE ARE CAPABLE OF
Authentique has quickly developed a reputation for delivering
superior results for corporate brands